Brethren, this is the report of our brother Pat Oconer, who heads the No One in Need movement.
The No One in Need movement is our response to building the Church of the Poor. It is one of the 4 pillars of LCSC, under Live Full. The other 3 pillars are Live Pure (youth chastity), Live the Word (Liturgical Bible Study) and Live Life (pro-life ministry).
You can see that the work is very large. Your prayers are earnestly sought. You can also be part of those who fund this mission, called the Gideon 300. They give 1,000 pesos per month, making a commitment for a year. Let me know if you are interested to be part of Gideon 300.
We would also like to bring our work with the poor to the parishes, under the banner of LCSC, to help the parishes build their own communities among the poor. We provide the technology and methodology, but the parishioners and parish organizations provide the funding and the manpower. Let me know if this is of interest to you. We can make a presentation to your parish priest and PPC.
Onward to greater work in 2014 for the New Evangelization.
God bless you all.
Begin forwarded message:
From: pat oconer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: December 29, 2013 5:21:58 PM GMT+08:00
Hello everyone, Happy New Year to all of you and the rest of your families. In behalf of No One In Need Movement and all the beneficiaries that we are serving, we would like to honor everyone for all the effort you did this year (2013) in work with the poor. We are blessed to have given the chance to make a difference in the lives of many especially in the areas affected by many challenges, natural calamities, poverty-stricken areas. The magnitude of the work we are doing is getting bigger, and the opportunity to expand the works and words of Jesus is also huge given the number of areas we are in, by the end of this year. The Lord has given us an opportunity to develop faith-based communities where all the programs we are doing (Shelter, Health, Education, Livelihood, Environment, Community Life) are all based and rooted in the desire to bring Christ to everyone, to every single family we serve, especially to the poor and the needy.
Just some update on Yolanda effort:
– We already turned over transitional houses in Tacloban, total of 50, 30 in one area ( San Jose ), and another set of 20 scattered around Tacloban (House restoration).
– We have started to execute plan for house restoration in Daan Bantayan, identifying 7 totally-damaged houses. We have the team in Cebu helping us to execute these plans.
– We are helping the repair of a parish in Daan Bantayan (we donated 100k), repair ongoing.
– We are on the verge of rebuilding 3 chapels in Palawan. In addition, Taiwan brethren are sending funds for 1 more chapel, and Singles for Family and Life brethren are giving another chapel.
– We have launched and started to campaign on “ADOPT TODAY” project for education in partnership with Dep Ed.
– We are finalizing plans for the Bangka project (for fishermen) and a possible Kabuhayan store (community livelihood) in San Jose, Tacloban.
– Ongoing Values formation program in San Jose, Tacloban, and Stress Kids counselling (psycho social) this coming January, 2014.
– Medical MIssion in January 2014 in Tacloban
We are happy to be covered by 2 news agencies, PTV4 and TV5 when it comes to the many efforts we are doing. If you want to view it you can check it at the FB page of No One In Need, and after watching, please share it with your friends to spread the work that we are doing in many areas here in the Philippines.
Thanks everyone and Happy New Year, 2014 is going to be an exciting year! Be part of the movement! No One In Need!
“For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.” (Phil 1:21)